The Outdoor Sports Euro’Meet is a biennial event that is under the aegis of and managed by the European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS).
This great conference is a must for those responsible for outdoor and general sports development in Europe who are looking for innovative ways to get people and communities more active especially through the use of the outdoors.
If you are local and regional authority staff responsible for recreation and/or tourism, a university researcher or academic, or from a national federation or governing body of sport, or an outdoor business owner or manager then this conference is for you!
Working together to promote outdoor sports across Europe
The European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS) was established as a not for profit organisation at the Nature and Outdoor Sports Euro’Meet conference in 2013 (Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia). Participants recognized that no organization was representing outdoor sports at a European level and called for a representative organization. ENOS became a network of European experts, local authorities, federations, universities, practitioners and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
The main objectives are:
- Representing outdoor sports at a strategic level in Europe.
- Promoting that outdoor sport can provide genuine environmental, educative, social and economic benefits to individuals, communities, regions and nations.
- Supporting the organization and management of outdoor sports both on a national and transnational basis.
- Encouraging trans-national approaches to the recognition of leaders, instructors and coaches, to develop mobility and employment.
- Assisting initiatives that promote responsible and sustainable access and use of landscape, marine areas, habitats and eco-systems.